Today was the day to turn in our cookies for the Cookie Caper here on base and my friend Sarah and I also volunteered to help organize cookies into catagories as they were dropped off, for a few hours this morning. It was a nice time. I had a lot of fun hanging out with her and looking at all the amazing cookies that were brought in.
After that we had some girl time at the Aomori Cafe, a cute little place to get Starbucks coffee & tea here on base. It was nice to relax and chat for a while. I tell you, Sarah helps keep me sane around here and I welcome any time to hang out with her for a bit! Soon we will be making and decorating some cookies together along with her little one! Can’t wait!
It was a pretty cold day today and so I decide to make some Hot Cocoa Cookies!!! Have you tried these??? If not, you should! These are also great while having a nice hot cup of cocoa!! I am surprised I’ve not made these before now. I think they will now be a winter time favorite here.
- 1¼ Cups Butter, Softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ⅔ Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 3¼ Cups Flour
- 4 Packets Dark Chocolate Instant Cocoa
- 1¼ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Mallow Bits or Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars with mixer till light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- Combine next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Slowly add to butter mixture till blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and mallow bits.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of dough onto cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before moving to wire rack.