The best thing I think one can do if they can not sleep…is bake! I could not sleep last night. I slept 2 hours and then it was as if I had slept a whole night. I was practically jumping out of bed at 4:30am when Daniel’s alarm went off…like I needed something to tell me it was okay to get out of bed,lol.
I decided I should bake the morning away & that’s what I did. I have been wanting to make Eggnog Cookies for a while now. They were all the rage if I remember all last Christmastime, I never got around to making them though. I am so happy I took the plunge though. These are very softy, chewy, yummy eggnoggyness!!! Yes, eggnoggyness 🙂 My husband whom is not a fan of eggnog even liked these cookies.
For 2 days now, no packages have arrived! I am getting worried that Daniel’s gifts will not arrive in time….boooo. There is still time, not much but there is hope! This is why I told myself last year that I’d need to start shopping for Christmas presents in like October…I did not though. Instead I went to Guam on vacation,lol.
- ½ Cup Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1½ Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup Full Fat Eggnog
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Cups Flour
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the butter, sugar, salt, nutmeg and vanilla extract together until fluffy. Mix in the egg and eggnog. Mix in baking soda, and then beat in flour until just combined.
- Use a standard (size 50) cookie scoop, scoop the batter and place on sheets 2 inches apart. Sprinkle dough very lightly with nutmeg and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden around the edges. Let rest for 2 minutes on sheets then move to wire cooling rack.