I am not used to seeing it rain here in December. I decided I am NOT a fan of it either and that it is no fun. I want snow. I was so happy to see a little snow this morning when I woke up. It was very wet though and soon turned into blasted rain. Ugly rain. It has not stopped.
It was an evening of Christmas shopping tonight! My most favorite kind of shopping too. Midnight Madness it is called, done at the store, the lone American store here on base. Can’t pass a sale up, especially here. It started at 8pm. Many people showed up hoping to get some good deals. There were some to be found.
I then came home and baked cookies! Today’s cookie is one of Daniel’s favorites! I have to admit I really love the yummy, buttery butterscotch smell that gets stronger as the cookies bake. He always love to eat a few, fresh from the hot oven and I can not blame him!
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Sticks Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1½ Cups Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Bag Butterscotch Chips
- Stir flour, spices, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl, set aside. Cream butter, and brown sugar together until smooth. Beat in egg, vanilla, then gradually stir in flour mixture.
- Fold in butterscotch chips, chill dough until firm, about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, lightly grease cookie sheets, or use parchment paper to line sheets. Roll dough into balls, arrange on cookie sheets, spacing three inches apart. Bake 12-14 minutes, until golden. Let cookies cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to rack.