Here we are, the 2nd day of December which means day 2 of Christmas Cookies! I had a SUPER busy day today! Luckily I made my cookie dough ahead, as I often do so that I can get right to baking when I want or need to! Today we were at my husbands Command, creating a “Christmas Card”. Really, it is a HUGE piece of wood that all different commands create a holiday greeting on. They are put in a special area on base, lit up at night time for all to see & enjoy. The tree lighting ceremony is next Friday!
Today’s cookie is Snickerdoodles. Who does not like a Snickerdoodle?? Well, honestly…me! I am just not a fan of them but they are one cookie that is requested of me to make by people in my husbands command no matter where we are! So, to make them all happy I’ve included it in my 25 days of Christmas cookies!
I will say, they are SO simple to make and anything that has or uses cinnamon/sugar together at least smells amazing while baking. And, they are a crowed pleaser! Whenever I hear someone mention Snickerdoodles I instantly hear lot’s of “MMMmmmm’s” and well, I kind of roll my eyes a little! Sorry.
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1½ Cups Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2¾ Cups Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Cream of Tartar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 3 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Cream butter, 1½ cups sugar and eggs thoroughly in a large bowl.
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture.
- Chill dough, and chill an ungreased cookie sheet for about 10-15 minutes in the fridge.
- Mix 3 tablespoons sugar, and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Roll 1 inch balls of dough into the sugar/ cinnamon mixture.
- Place on chilled ungreased cookie sheet, and bake 10 minutes.
- Let rest on cookie sheet 1 minute. Then place on foil till fully cooled.