Merry Christmas Eve Everyone!
Tomorrow is the big day!! If you are not ready by now, there is no hope,lol. It’s been a busy day/night around here. We’ve been up since 6am doing our Christmas baking. We made Cinnamon Sticks, Cookies, Pudding, Cheese Cake…and many other treats!
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Eve filled with tons of new & happy memories! If you have fallen on hard times and sad times I wish you peace.
My husband had a HUGE hand in these cookies and I am so happy he wanted to be a part of it. He did not add raisins and instead added cranberries and he also added 1 teaspoon or so of cloves!
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, softened
- ¼ Cup Shortening
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Water
- 1 Egg
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Cloves
- ½ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1¾ Cups Flour
- 1 Cup or Package Of Dried Cranberries
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat Oven to 375 Degrees.
- Put butter, shortening in a large bowl, add sugar, water, egg, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves.
- Stir briskly, until blended. Mix in flour and baking soda, salt, beat till smooth. Stir in walnuts and cranberries.
- Use a cookie scoop and drop onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes or till golden around edges. Cool completely on wire rack.