I want to thank all of you out there who have sent me the most wonderful email’s the last few days! I really appreciate you taking the time to connect with me, to share with me! I am so happy I have inspired so many of you out there this happy season! Feel free to contact me any time!
I think it is safe to say we have finally got the first really good snow of the season! Not sure how many inches we have thus far but they have predicted that we may get between 18-24 INCHES!! This is typical up here in Northern Japan and I welcome ever single inch of it!
In case anyone is wondering, I was not able to get an appointment for my tooth today but have an early AM appointment tomorrow. I am hoping it is a small issue but with my track record……
Onto happy things! There is a tree lighting ceremony tomorrow evening that I am looking forward to going to with my husband and with all this freshly fallen snow and more to come, it should add to the joys of it!
Anything fun or special going on for you so far this Christmas season?
- 1½ cups shortening
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large egg
- 1 cup molasses
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- Cream together shortening and brown sugar.
- Stir in egg and molasses and mix well.
- Fold in dry ingredients and stir.
- Cover and chill till firm (1-2 hours).
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 9-10 minutes.
- Leave on sheet one minute until set.
- Cool completely on wire rack. Makes about 82 cookies.