Wow, day 7 is here!! Where is the time going? It is flying by and before I know it, it’ll be Christmas Eve!!!! I try to slow down a bit this time of year, really soak in the season and enjoy it. What about you??
Thankfully I have some happy news about my tooth issue! It is resolved and ended up being a SUPER easy fix and I am now good! I did end up chipping and edge of a tooth, that piece lodged itself between 2 teeth and did all kinds of strange things. My dentist was able to remove the offending piece this morning and fixed the edge! YaY 🙂
Today’s cookie is a simple but delicious, a chocolate cookie with smashed peppermint candy canes sprinkled on top and “pressed” into the cookie with the bottom of a glass! I don’t have these posts pre written or cookies made ahead of time, in case anyone was wondering. I bake a fresh batch daily, then post!
In other news, we had a 7.4 earthquake here in Japan earlier today and we also had a tsunami warning. The earthquake was very big and everything in our home moved, and not in a slow, calm manner either. We are fine. All another part of living here in Japan, sure makes things interesting sometimes!
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Cup Canola Oil
- 4 Ounces 99% Unsweetened Chocolate, melted
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 5 Candy Canes-crushed up
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the oil, chocolate and granulated sugar and blend on medium speed. With the mixer running, add the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. There may be some small clumps of sugar in the batter at this point. Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed, stopping once to scrape down the sides. Mix until just incorporated, 2 to 3 minutes. The dough will be sticky. Chill for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make dough into 1-inch balls.
- Bake 9-10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy cane on each cookie.
- Gently press it into cookie with the bottom of a glass.
- Let rest on cookie sheet for 1-2 minutes, until cookie has set.
- Move to wire racks.