Chocolate & Peppermint? Yes please!
Such a perfect combination of flavors and they are also visually appealing. I’ve not made this specific cookie before but when I saw the peppermint kisses, I could not resist & knew pairing it with a dark, yummy chocolate cookie would make these an amazing sweet treat!
It also helps that it is Christmastime and peppermint anything, goes. It was another perfect day for baking, the snow was falling, it was cold outside and I had Christmas music playing, heaven to me.
What are your favorite flavor pairings? Does it change by season, or are you one to stick with what you love no matter the time of year?
|Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies||
- ½ cup Butter or Margarine, softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- ⅓ cup Hershey’s Cocoa
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 package Peppermint Kiss Candies
- Beat butter, sugar, egg & vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Add flour, cocoa, baking soda & salt alternatley with milk, beating until well blended.
- Cover; refrigerate dough about 1 hour or until firm enough to handle. Shape dough into 1 inch balls; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Heat oven to 375. Remove wrappers from candy.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove from oven, press one candy into the middle of each cookie, cool on wire rack.