25 Days Of Christmas Cookies. Day 11: Spicy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
|December 11, 2012||Posted by imathomebaking under Cookies|
Anyone out there watch football?? I know many women do & don’t. I am one that happens to LOVE watching, especially if it is watching my team. They would be the Patriots. They are playing very well this year & that makes me happy!
Are you finished Christmas shopping? We are still waiting on packages to arrive in the mail. My packages are slowly arriving and has me a little worried as Christmas is coming…13 days!!! Daniel’s packages are arriving daily..I MUST have been a very good girl this year,lol!
Are you a fan of oatmeal or raisins? I know many people don’t care for the cookie but if you add just the right spices they can be amazing! Like these babies! I am not a huge fan of oatmeal myself and I enjoy these this time of year. They are also good as a breakfast cookie and are good for a burst of energy to get you through your afternoon!
|Spicy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies||
- ½ Cup Butter, softened
- ½ Cup Butter-Flavored Shortening (soften in microwave to avoid clumping)
- 1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1½ Cups Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1½ Cups Raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together shortening, brown sugar, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, spices, salt and oats.
- Add dry ingredients to wet. Stir in raisins.
- Bake 10-15 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute. Completely cool on wire rack.