I recently helped with a bake sale at my husbands Command. They always go over well as a great fundraiser. We are coming to a close on raising money for our Command Holiday Party, thankfully,lol.
I always make peoples favorites, because I know what they all like and don’t and it always sells! I thought I’d step out of my comfort zone a little and chose a few bacon treats!
Many people had a hard time wrapping their mind around bacon and peanut butter, which I totally understand but I also know it works and they are really delicious and easy to make. I am sure if you bake a batch they won’t last long!
- 1 Cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Pound of Bacon, Cooked, Cooled, and Diced
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease two baking sheets and set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine peanut butter and sugars until well mixed. Add egg and baking soda, mixing for another two minutes. Fold in bacon, reserving a small handful of pieces for topping.
- Roll dough into small balls or use a cookie scoop and roll in granulated sugar. Using a fork, create a criss-cross pattern on each cookie or just leave alone for a more thicker cookie. Top each cookie with a few reserved bacon pieces. Place cookies on prepared baking sheets with 2-3 inches between (they may spread a bit).
- Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Allow to cool on a baking sheet.