It is Friday afternoon here in Japan! At our house, Fridays are pizza night! I search and search for the perfect pizza dough. Right now I have two favorites. This bread machine one and the Olive Oil Pizza Dough. My husband really loves this one and so I’ve been using it for weeks now, every Friday. It is simple, you let the bread machine do all the work.
It has a wonderful taste and it makes quite a bit of dough, so much so that we end up having to toss some if it, as we only make 1 square pizza for the two of us. You can make this deep dish, regular and with a little work you can also make it thin with a crisp! How we like it changes it seems every week.
You can easily make it and toss it into the fridge, in a freezer bag for up to 24 hours which makes this an even more convenient pizza dough recipe. Just let it rest for 20 minutes once you remove it from the fridge before making into your pizza.
How are things in your neck of the woods? Is it screaming Spring around where you live? I am sad to say I am starting to see Spring arrive here in Japan. I want to hold onto wonderful cold winter just a little longer! I see green grass, heck after having feet of snow for months it is interesting to see the grass, never mind it is actually green!
I’ve got my balcony door open today, letting chilled, but fresh air into my home. I enjoy that. Are you ready for Spring??
- 1½ cups Water
- ¼ cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 3½ cups Flour
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1½ teaspoons Salt
- 2 teaspoons SAF Yeast
- 2½ teaspoons Bread Machine Yeast
- Put all ingredients into bread machine pan as follows: Liquids, Dry, Yeast.
- Select Dough cycle on your bread machine.
- When the dough cycle is finished, remove dough from pan.
- Use immediately or place in a freezer safe bag for up to 24 hours in your fridge.
- Roll out dough and bake according to your recipe.