I hope you’ve not forgotten about me. Yes, I’ve been gone a few days but I always will come back. I don’t ever stop baking. Well, maybe for a day or two at a time, which explains me being gone the last several days. I had planned on doing more baking last week but my husband got a few days off from work and we did house cleaning stuff, like putting away Christmas & general cleaning. I’d rather be baking! 🙂
I will have more goodies baked up for you this week and will be sharing, so please leave a comment if you stop by! Today it was a blustery-snowy day and that always puts me in a baking mood. I had bought some dried fruits in our food shopping trip yesterday and wanted to make a simple but tasty breakfast muffin. You could substitute any of the dried fruits for whatever you desire, it will work with this recipe.
I will add that as soon as these came out of the oven, I popped one in my mouth and they are really good! I plan to make blueberry ones soon as I am now a huge fan of the base “dough” of these muffins. These are mini muffins, perfect breakfast size and can easily be put in the microwave for a few seconds and a pat of butter is delicious on them too!
- ⅓ cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 1½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1½ teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Dried Cherries, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup Dried Cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix the chopped cherries & cranberries with the lemon juice and heat for 45 seconds in microwave. Stir, allow to cool.
- Cream the softened butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add the egg and blend. Blend in the sour cream, flour, baking powder, salt & hydrated berries. The dough will be incredibly stiff.
- Fill mini muffin pans ¾ full and bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes or until slightly golden. Remove from tin. Eat immediately while warm or cool on wire rack.
- Makes about 35 mini muffins.