Welcome To Day 21 Of “25 Days Of Christmas Sweet Treats”!
Last year I did “25 Days Of Christmas Cookies“. Please click the link to find all those wonderful recipes and please check back here every day for Christmas Sweet Treats all the way up until Christmas Day!
It is late evening and it is finally snowing! I don’t know how much we will get but I will be happy with just seeing the snowfall for a while.
Today was a busy day of doing errands and getting some last minute things for Christmas & Christmas dinner. Do you have ham or turkey for Christmas dinner? We always do ham. I love ham.
If you are looking for a delicious, minty cookie, these Grinch cookies will satisfy. These cookies would even tasty very yummy paired with some ice cream!
I made my cookies very green but you could always use less food coloring. I wanted mine to pop and these certainly do! People’s eyes light up when they see them. I chopped around 48 candies from 2 packages. Here in Japan it is often hard to find specialty baking items, so you make due and have to get to chopping. I actually cut myself while chopping the candy.
You do not need to chill or freeze the candy but I did, I don’t know if it made any difference or not.
I hope you are enjoying the season, it is quickly coming to a close and before we know it, Christmas Day will be here!
- 2¾ Cups Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter (at room temperature)
- 1½ Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 1 Bottle Green Food Coloring
- 2 Boxes (48) of Andes Mints (chopped or broken apart)
- Preheat the oven 375 degrees. Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and set aside. Unwrap the Andes Mints & chop.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and mint extract. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients and add the green food coloring.
- Using a cookie scoop, roll dough into ball, place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Let stand on cookie sheet 2 minutes before transferring to wire rack.