Welcome To Day 8 Of “25 Days Of Christmas Sweet Treats”!
Last year I did “25 Days Of Christmas Cookies“. Please click the link to find all those wonderful recipes and please check back here every day for Christmas Sweet Treats all the way up until Christmas Day!
Today was the BEST day I have had in a long time! I felt very happy and content all day long and it felt great. The Command Holiday party is finally over. While it went awesome and everyone had a great time, today a huge weight was lifted knowing it was a success.
We got our Christmas Tree yesterday and we let the braches fall over night and early this afternoon, we decorated it. It is SO beautiful.
Today I have for you a very interesting and festive cookie! When you first think about it, it may seem a little odd or strange but let me tell you, once you taste this cookie, you will understand how it just works and they are delicious.
I decided to go through the 3 small bags of gummy bears I had and pull out all the red and green, more Christmassy in my opinion but feel free to use all the colors. These are also very simple to make and I am sure the kids, if you have any would enjoy making these too!
- 1 Cup (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter, softened
- ½ Cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Dozen Gummy Bears, one per cookie
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Add egg yolks, one at a time. Stir in vanilla extract. Mix in flour and salt, stirring until completely combined. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set in the freezer for 10 minutes. This is will help prevent cracks when you make the center cavity.
- While the cookie dough is in the freezer, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (or Silpat!).
- Using a small cookie scoop, roll cookies into tablespoon-sized balls. Arrange cookies 1-1/2 inches apart on the cookie sheet. Using your thumb, press a deep hole in the middle of the cookie.
- Bake cookies for 8-15 minutes, or until the cookies look almost done. Open the oven and pull the cookie sheet out enough to be able to reach the back row of cookies. Place a single gummy bear in each cookie cavity. Return cookie sheet back to oven and bake until the bottoms are golden brown. The gummy bears will melt completely in about 2-3 minutes but it all depends on your oven.
- Let cookies cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.