Welcome To Day 9 Of “25 Days Of Christmas Sweet Treats”!
Last year I did “25 Days Of Christmas Cookies“. Please click the link to find all those wonderful recipes and please check back here every day for Christmas Sweet Treats all the way up until Christmas Day!
It felt nice to not have anywhere to run to today. I was happy to stay home, listen to Christmas music and bake!
While I am posting many cookie recipes, I will soon have some Christmas candy recipes to share as well. I will be working on those over the weekend!
I’ve been interested in making these cookies for a while. I am glad I finally made them. Of course you could use any flavor/color combination you would like, I wanted red & green, which these are (red) cherry, (green) lime.
They both were delicious but for me my favorite was the cherry! My husband said the lime was his favorite out of the two. I look forward to using the other flavors to see how they taste.
These are very east to make and I am sure would be fun for kids to help with as well.
- 1 Package (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- ¾ Cup (10 Tablespoons) Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 2-1/4 Cups Flour
- 1 Package (3 oz.) JELL-O Any Flavor
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar (optional)
- BEAT first 4 ingredients in large bowl with mixer until blended. Mix flour, dry gelatin mix and baking soda; gradually add to cream cheese mixture, mixing well after each addition. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Roll dough into 60 1-inch balls. Place, 2 inches apart, on baking sheets sprayed with cooking spray.
- BAKE 9 to 12 minutes. or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- SPRINKLE with powdered sugar just before serving, optional.