Welcome To Day 14 Of “25 Days Of Christmas Sweet Treats”!
Last year I did “25 Days Of Christmas Cookies“. Please click the link to find all those wonderful recipes and please check back here every day for Christmas Sweet Treats all the way up until Christmas Day!
Today was a lot of fun! Everything we did today had something to do with Christmas, togetherness and just plain ole fun! It was really nice.
Another bonus to the day was that is snowed off and on almost all day. I promised some candies and today I have a very simple but tasty one to share! While I know candy is not exactly “baking”, lol.. I wanted to include and share some with you this Christmas season. What I love about most candies, hard or soft, you can add what ever flavor or color you desire.
I chose to use peppermint extract and split the dough in half so I could color half red and the other green. I also made a double batch, so the recipe will reflect that, so just half it if you want less candies.
I like these a lot. The flavor intensity depends on you but they are creamy and since my peppermint was not too overpowering, I could still taste a bit of the cream cheese, delicious.
Just make sure if you are going to use food coloring, to wear gloves if you don’t want colored hands and nails and lay down some wax paper on your surface as it will of course stain!
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened (room temperature)
- 2 Pounds (32 ounces) Powdered Sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon or more to taste Peppermint Extract or any flavor you like
- Food Coloring, any color
- Mix all the ingredients to together in a bowl, add the amount of peppermint to suit your taste. Knead together until smooth.
- Roll 1 teaspoon of the “dough” into a ball.
- Place the balls on a cookie tray lined with wax paper.
- Continue making balls until all the dough is used up.
- Let mints air dry, flipping them over intermittently for even drying.
- The mints will be dry on the outside but still soft on the inside.