Welcome To Day 15 Of Baking With Pumpkin!
Today I am tired. Ever have one of those days that has just been a hot mess? Today I feel tired and annoyed. I was under the thought that once we had this holiday party meeting today, I’d feel better about it all. Well, that is not what happened,lol.
So there is still stress about this holiday party and centerpieces were voted on today and mine was chosen! While I am happy about this…I can only pray it all runs smoothly,lol.
I took this bread into my husbands Command today, it’s where are meetings are for the holiday party and this bread was a huge hit! It is good, really good stuff. I am thinking when I make it again, I will make a double batch of the cheesecake filling. It is amazing and it needs more of it.
- ~Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8 Ounce Package Cream Cheese, room temperature
- ⅓ Cup Granulated White Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- ~Pumpkin Bread:
- 3½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1½ Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ⅛ Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- ½ Cup Chopped Nuts
- ½ Cup Chocolate Chips
- 4 Large Eggs, room temperature
- 2 Cups Granulated White Sugar
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 - 15 ounce Can Pure Pumpkin
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pumpkin Bread: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place rack in the center of the oven. Butter and lightly flour two - 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pans.
- Cream Cheese Filling: In your food processor or with a hand mixer, process or beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sugar and egg and process just until smooth and creamy. Do not over process. Set aside.
- Pumpkin Bread: In a large bowl, sift or whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ground spices. Stir in the chopped nuts and chocolate chips.
- In another large bowl, whisk the eggs until lightly beaten. Add the sugar and melted butter and whisk to combine. Whisk or stir in the pumpkin, water, and vanilla extract.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until the ingredients are combined and moistened. Do not over mix as it will make the bread tough.
- Divide the batter in half. Take one half and divide it evenly between the two prepared pans. Divide the cream cheese filling in half and place each half on top the two pans of batter, smoothing the tops. Top with the remaining half of batter (use two spoons to place small dollops of batter on top of the filling). Bake the breads for about 55 - 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean (a few moist crumbs is okay).
- Place pans on a wire rack and let cool for about 10 minutes before removing breads from pans. Can serve warm, cold, or at room temperature. Store leftovers in the refrigerator or else freeze for later use.
- Makes 2 loaves.