Welcome To Day 24 Of Baking With Pumpkin!
Do you have any plans for Halloween? It is now approaching fast! The last few years we have just stayed home and passed out candy to Japanese kids and all the Americans on base. I think it’s fun.
I am thinking we may do something different next year but maybe it will depend on where we are living too. We are having a haunted house at my husbands Command tonight. I have baked some Halloween treats for that and I am sure it will be a lot of fun.
Pumpkin Pie anything is amazing. I could eat it all different ways and it’s great in a bar variation too. Butterscotch is a perfect pairing with pumpkin, coffee is too,lol.
The recipe calls for using a 9×13 pan, mine somehow disappeared from my kitchen so I have just been using my 8×8 pan for any kind of bar or brownie I make, which is awesome and it results in a much thicker bar or brownie.
- 2 Cup Flour
- ½ + ¼ Cup Sugar
- ¾ Cup of Dark Brown Sugar, packed
- ¾ Cup of Cold Unsalted Butter
- 1½ Cups Quick Cooking Oats
- ¾ Cup Pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- 1 8oz Package Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1 15oz Can Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Allspice
- a Pinch of Cloves
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Butterscotch Chips
- Preheat your oven at 350F.
- *Use a 8x8 or 9x13 pan line with parchment paper*
- In a bowl mix flour, ½ cup sugar, brown sugar; cut butter into mixture with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in oats and pecans. Remove ¾ cup of mixture and add in butterscotch chips. Set aside and reserve for topping. Press remaining mixture into bottom of parchment lined pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese and pumpkin; add remaining sugar, cinnamon, ginger, all spice, cloves and vanilla and mix until well blended. Pour over crust and bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle reserved oat crumb mixture and continue to bake for another 15 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack. Let cool completely before storing. Cut into 2×2 squares and serve.
- ( You can keep them in the fridge and take them out 30 minute before eating them but you can store them wrapped on the counter. They freeze well in an air tight container!)