Welcome To Day 3 Of Baking With Pumpkin!
So far I am very much enjoying my 30 days of baking with pumpkin. I have already tried a few recipes I’ve never used before and I am happy to report they have been a huge success!
Last night was the very first time I had to shut all the windows in my home! It was nice to be cold..I know, that may sound weird but I really look forward to the Fall & Winter, especially after the dreadful summers we have here.
Tomorrow we are taking a drive up to Takko Town for the annual Beef & Garlic Festival. I am excited. I love buying local made stuff at all these festivals the Japanese have. I think that is what I enjoy the most, even over eating any food.
The last time we went, we purchased some delicious Beef & Garlic sauce that they give you when you purchase a plate of raw meat & veggies. You cook them yourself on an open grill, in the open air up in the mountains. It’s fun. Vendors there will sell you bottles of the sauce, it’s amazing and I will be buying more.
Let’s talk about this brownie recipe. It is simply wonderful. I’ve never had these nor made them before and I was pleasantly surprised with the flavors. They also look amazing too! There is nothing I’d change about them. Of course you could always add something to them, such as nuts. I am normally baking my goodies for others and so to be on the safe side, if I can..I tend to omit nuts. I am sure it would be a great add on to these though if you would like. While you are at it, pair these with some ice cream!!
- 3 Ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, softened
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Canned Pumpkin
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 Tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
- 1¼ Cups All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 6 Ounces Unsweetened Chocolate, chopped
- ¾ Cup Butter, cut up
- 2¼ Cups Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- ¾ Cup Coarsely Chopped Walnuts, toasted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 8x8 or 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan. Grease the foil; set pan aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese and the 1 tablespoon butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the ½ cup sugar. Beat until well combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in 1 egg, the pumpkin, 1 teaspoon vanilla, the cinnamon, and ginger until combined. Stir in the 1 tablespoon flour. Set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together the 1-1/4 cups flour, the baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large saucepan combine the chocolate and ¾ cup butter. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Gradually add the 2-1/4 cups sugar, beating with an electric mixer on low speed just until combined. Add the 4 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk and the 2 teaspoons vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture just until combined.
- Spread chocolate mixture evenly in the prepared pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture in several mounds on top of the chocolate batter. Using a narrow metal spatula, gently swirl the cream cheese mixture into the chocolate batter. If desired, sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake about 60 minutes or until center is just set when pan is gently shaken. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Use foil to lift uncut brownies out of pan. Cut into brownies.