Welcome To Day 5 Of Baking With Pumpkin!
How is your weekend going? I am kind of sad it’s just about over but also happy because I just want time to keep moving along. This month has a lot going on in it for me.
I am also feeling bummed. Since all this crazy stuff has been going on with the government, we no longer have football to watch here overseas. One of the little & really not too important things to be taken from us, but still something many of us overseas enjoy watching. So I don’t get to be up all night and all morning tomorrow watching it. It sucks.
Enjoy Pumpkin Pie but want a twist on it or just something a little different? These bars are what you should try. They will go very fast! It is suggested to make these in a 8×11 pan but I enjoy making things such as bar & brownies in an 8×8 pan.
My husband enjoys the bars & brownies thicker, so it is my go-to pan. Feel free to adjust it anyway you like. They are delicious and will be a hit.
- Crust Ingredients:
- 1⅓ Cup Unbleached White Flour
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 8 Tablespoons Butter (softened)
- ¾ Cup Chopped Pecans (optional)
- Filling Ingredients:
- 8oz Cream Cheese, softened
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Eggs, slightly beaten
- 1½ Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Allspice
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a food processor, combine crust ingredients and pulse two or three times until mixture is crumbly. Reserve ⅔ cup of the mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture evenly into the bottom of an 8x11 baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine filling ingredients. Using an electric mixer at medium speed, blend until mixture is smooth. Pour mixture over baked crust. Sprinkle with remaining crust topping. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until firm.