Welcome To Day 3 Of “25 Days Of Christmas Sweet Treats”!
Last year I did “25 Days Of Christmas Cookies“. Please click the link to find all those wonderful recipes and please check back here every day for Christmas Sweet Treats all the way up until Christmas Day!
Today I am revisiting a recipe I made for the first time last Christmastime. This time it has a small but very subtle twist and they are simply even more amazing!
I am still waiting on my Christmas Tree…It really is the only last touch to make the house into Christmas full swing. I am still hoping this weekend the trees will be here. Otherwise we just have to wait till whenever as they are all out of fake trees here on base and I prefer real anyways.
Have you been getting snow where you live? It’s been quiet around here since Black Friday, we got several inches and it was so beautiful but I want more,lol. So while I bake I hope for snow!
- 1-1/4 Cups Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- ⅔ Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 3-1/4 Cups Flour
- 4 Envelopes Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix (Do not use No Sugar Added)
- 1-1/4 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Semi–Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Kraft Jet-Puffed Vanilla Mallow Bits
- Heat oven to 350°F. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with standing mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs and peppermint; mix well.
- Combine next 4 ingredients. Gradually beat into butter mixture until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and Mallow Bits.
- Drop 2 tablespoons dough, 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets. Bake 9 to 14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes; remove to wire racks and cool.