Happy Easter Week!
Happily I’ve been baking more, still racing against time, trying to get in all the baking I can! So far it is still cold, we’ve even had a few days of random snow recently.
It is Easter week. Not sure if or what you may celebrate about it but one thing I think most of us can agree upon is, it’s family time! Easter day has always been a huge family day. It’s hard being away from everyone but I am so thankful I am here with Daniel.
We recently had an Easter Party and I made these gems! These are amazing and you should make them this week for your family, friends or even just for you! They are even yummy right out of the oven, all warm and gooey.
I got nothing but positive feed back and intend on making these again soon!
So, what are you making for Easter desserts?
- ¾ c Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- Miniature Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- 16 oz (2 8 oz packages) Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ¼ Cup Flour
- 2 Eggs, Room Temperature
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips
- ½ Cup Chocolate Chips, Not Minis
- 2 Teaspoons Shortening, Divided Between Both Chips
- Preheat Oven To 350 Degrees.
- Place a liner inside each muffin tin.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar and melted butter. Place a tablespoon of mixture into each cup and press down flat with a small glass.
- Place 1 unwrapped miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cup in the center of each.
- Beat the cream cheese until nice and fluffy. You could always use light cream cheese but I prefer regular.
- Add in the sugar, flour and vanilla and continue beating until well combined. Add in the eggs one at time making sure they are well incorporated. Don't over beat!
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the Reese's, evenly dividing the mixture among the 12 cups. I used about ⅛ cup of the mixture for each cup but the original recipe calls for ¼ cup but I found that to be too much. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until the cheesecakes are set. Make sure to watch them good, your oven may take less time!
- Let your cheesecakes cool. Melt ½ cup Peanut Butter Chips with 1 teaspoon of shortening in the microwave. Use a fork to drizzel mixture over each cheesecake. Do the same thing with the Chocolate Chips.