Welcome To Day 10 Of “25 Days Of Christmas Sweet Treats”!
Last year I did “25 Days Of Christmas Cookies“. Please click the link to find all those wonderful recipes and please check back here every day for Christmas Sweet Treats all the way up until Christmas Day!
Wow! 14 days left till Christmas!! I hope your Christmas spirit is in full swing. Thankfully mine is. We are pretty much almost ready for Christmas. I still have a few gifts to purchase and we need to get our stocking stuffers, wrapping paper.
Other than that my days are filled with baking and Christmas music and I hope it really starts snowing soon, I could use a few feet of it to play in,haha!
Apparently we have a huge system coming, maybe for the weekend which would be perfect! Today we have had some rain, so it’s kind of blah out there.
I have found another, and new to me amazing oatmeal cookie! This one reminds me of Christmas, the smell and taste. It is buttery, brown-sugary, cinnamon goodness! I would even eat these for breakfast.
The only thing I changed about the cookie was I omitted the raisins. Many people I know either don’t like raisins or have some other aversion to them. Either way they are sure to please.
- ¾ Cup Raisins, optional
- 1-1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2-1/2 Cups Quick-Cooking Oats
- 1-2/3 Cups (10-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Cinnamon Chips
- 2 Eggs
- 1-1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup(2 sticks) Unsalted Butter or Margarine, (I always use unsalted butter) softened
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in bowl until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Combine flour and baking soda; add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in oats, cinnamon chips and raisins. Drop by heaping teaspoons or use cookie scoop, unto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes on until lightly browned. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Makes about 48 cookies.