Welcome To Day 12 Of “25 Days Of Christmas Sweet Treats”!
Last year I did “25 Days Of Christmas Cookies“. Please click the link to find all those wonderful recipes and please check back here every day for Christmas Sweet Treats all the way up until Christmas Day!
I was hoping for more snow that we got last night, but it was pretty while it lasted. It is still supposed to snow all weekend, so I am looking forward to that.
We did get a bit of snow this morning and flurries through the day that never accumulated to anything. Today I was feeling off, so my whole day felt kind of blah. It helped to listen to Christmas music and relax.
This snack cake really is yummy! It is simple and fairly plain looking but the flavors are amazing. It would be perfect to take to a family gathering. In all honesty, I’d eat it for breakfast too,haha. You could add a dusting of powdered sugar but I think it was just perfect as is.
- 1 Cup (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Applesauce
- 2-1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1-3/4 cups(11-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Butterscotch Chips
- Powdered sugar or frozen whipped topping , thawed (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl on medium speed of mixer until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Mix in applesauce. Stir together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in butterscotch chips. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or serve with whipped topping, if desired.