Welcome To Day 1 Of “25 Days Of Christmas Sweet Treats”!
Last year I did “25 Days Of Christmas Cookies“. Please click the link to find all those wonderful recipes and please check back here every day for Christmas Sweet Treats all the way up until Christmas Day!
It’s already December!! Can you believe it? I can not, time has flown by so quickly. I hope this month slows down just a bit so I can really enjoy the Christmas Season.
Are you ready for Christmas? The inside and outside of my home is all beautifully decorated but we do not have our Christmas Tree as of yet, live ones get shipped from the US to us here in Japan and it seems the trees are currently stuck in Customs! This is the first year in many, well…since before I was married that our Christmas Tree has not gone up Thanksgiving weekend.
Who likes fudge? This is a delicious, easy and very Christmassy fudge. I will state that I purchased a box of the 60 mini candy canes and crushed them all. I reserved some back to sprinkle on top, the rest was folded in with the chocolate. This fudge will please just about everyone.
- 4 Cups Sugar
- 2 5-ounce Cans Evaporated Milk
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1 12-ounce Package (2 cups) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chip Pieces
- 1 7-ounce Jar Marshmallow Crème
- 1 Box 60 Count Mini Candy Canes, crushed
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Butter sides of heavy saucepan and combine sugar, evaporated milk and butter. Cook medium heat to "soft ball stage" (236 degrees) about 10-12 minutes.
- Stir frequently.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate chips, marshmallow crème and vanilla and large portion of crushed candy canes.
- Reserve some crushed candy canes to sprinkle on top.
- Mix with wooden spoon until chips melt. Pour into 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan.
- Sprinkle top with reserved crushed candy canes and let cool. Cut into small pieces.