Welcome To Day 5 Of “25 Days Of Christmas Sweet Treats”!
Last year I did “25 Days Of Christmas Cookies“. Please click the link to find all those wonderful recipes and please check back here every day for Christmas Sweet Treats all the way up until Christmas Day!
Today, aside from baking I am working on last minute details for our Command Holiday Party taking place this weekend. I need to cut out 30 large sized squares from red felt. I am making a Christmassy “wrap” to go around each poinsettia pot, to hide the brown pot. Our colors are red and white.
I have never tried a bar like this before with a jam or jelly in the center and I must say they are really yummy and a nice little sweet treat to have with some coffee on a chilly December day!
I think they also look very festive with the red jam in the center and you could always switch the nuts out to pretty much any you like. I generally am not a huge nut fan but if I do add some, there not usually any fancy kind,lol.
- ½ Pound Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- ⅛ Teaspoon Salt (omit this if your cashews are salted)
- ½-1 Cup Raspberry or Strawberry Jam
- ⅔ Cup Cashews, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Combine butter, sugar and egg; beat until thoroughly blended. Stir in flour and salt. Spread one-half of dough into 8 or 9 inch square pan.
- Bake 10 minutes; remove from oven. Spread jam to the edge. Add cashews to remaining dough.
- Drop by spoonful's over jam to cover. Bake for 35 minutes or until top is golden brown; cool. Cut into squares.