Thankfully there has been a steady flow of Christmas packages arriving daily now! Several more came today and we are now almost ONE week away from Christmas and I need them to get here quick!
I now roll my eyes when I get weather notifications from the local Japanese weather people…We had snow storm advisories several times recently and well, we got rain instead….boooo!
I am hoping to score another crate of apples out in town Wednesday! If not, there will be trouble…for me,lol. I will have to change my desserts if I can not, for a Christmas party at a friends house this coming weekend. We shall see!
I am looking forward to starting a new year…How about you?
- 2 Cups + 2 Tablespoons Flour
- ½ Teaspoons Baking Soda
- ¾ cup Salted Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg, at room temperature
- 1 Egg Yolk, at room temperature
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- ½-3/4 Cup Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Caramel Bits
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix the flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- With an electric mixer or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix well. Gradually add the flour mixture and stir until a dough forms (may take a couple minutes of stirring). Fold in the chocolate chips (do not add the caramels yet). Do not overmix the dough at any point in this process.
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes (or up to 5 days) in the refrigerator. Use a cookie scoop and place onto ungreased baking sheet or use parchment paper. Press several caramel bits into the tops of the cookies. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are slightly browned. The centers should appear very soft and puffy.