Welcome To Day 13 Of “25 Days Of Christmas Sweet Treats”!
Last year I did “25 Days Of Christmas Cookies“. Please click the link to find all those wonderful recipes and please check back here every day for Christmas Sweet Treats all the way up until Christmas Day!
Today was the best Friday I’ve had in a long while. My husband was home early from work and we got to spend some great quality time together.
We spent the day watching Christmas stuff while stringing popcorn to put on the Christmas tree! It really was fun and the tree looks wonderful.
It is weird to think I have never made, let alone ate a chocolate chocolate chip cookie before. I honestly thought I would not care for it too much seeing I don’t like to many chocolate baked goods but wow was I surprised at how delicious they were! I even tried the batter and knew they would be yummy,haha!
I used holiday themed chocolate chips in them to make them more Christmassy too! I will be making these more often now that I know I love them.
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips Or Holiday Themed Chips
- 1 Cup Chopped Nuts (optional)
- ¾ Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup(2 sticks) Unsalted Butter, softened
- ¾ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2-1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- ⅓ Cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl on medium speed of mixer until creamy. Add eggs; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate chips. Add nuts, if desired. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.