Welcome To Day 16 Of Baking With Pumpkin!
I did say I was going to throw a few non-desserts into the mix. Today is one of those days. Tomorrow there is a chili cook-off that we, the FRG is having at my husbands Command.
I believe we either have 4 or 5, all men, making their own versions of chili. I know already these men are amazing cooks, so I am curious to see how each of their chili comes out. My husband is one of them too!
Me and my friend decided to make some cornbread for the occasion. She has made the regular stuff and of course since I am doing 30 days of pumpkin, I just had to try my hand at pumpkin cornbread. Once you try it, you may make it a regular part of your fall time dinners, to go with soups and chili’s! Simply delicious.
It’s really tasty. It is something I can see myself making all through the fall. I am sure I will make it for Thanksgiving & Christmas. I also am not much of a fan of any cornbread but this may have changed me, just a little!
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ½ Cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 Cup Yellow Cornmeal
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- ¼ Cup Plain Yogurt
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Molasses
- ½ Tablespoon Honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an 8×8″ baking pan or line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, and cornmeal (using a whisk to blend these ingredients works well); after blending ingredients well, set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, then stir in the pumpkin puree, plain yogurt, canola oil, molasses, and honey.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined. Pour batter into the greased 8×8″ baking pan, smoothing the top, OR spoon batter into 12 lined muffin cups (each cup should be about ⅔ full of batter).
- Bake the Cornbread (in 8×8″ pan) at 375 degrees for 22 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean or almost clean (be careful not to over-bake cornbread, or it will be too dry).
- Bake Cornbread Muffins at 375 degrees for 14 to 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean or almost clean (do not over-bake, or muffins will be too dry and may brown on the bottom).