Can you believe it is December 1st!!!! WoW, just wow! Okay, so to celebrate the month of December & my most favorite time of the year, Christmas…I am doing 25 days of Christmas cookies! Yes, from now till Christmas day I will be sharing with you some of my favorite kinds of cookies to have at Christmas!
I will also be making a few different kinds that I’ve never tried before, so it will be fun & interesting! Soon I will be celebrating my 1 year anniversary of this blog!!! I started it one week before Christmas, a very busy time for me and for many of you out there whom love to bake!
The 1st cookie I am sharing is a great classic, enjoyed by most people and at any time of the year! I mean, who does not like chocolate chip cookies?? I don’t know how many dozens of these babies I’ve made since Thanksgiving day and I have a feeling I will make them again before long.
Is it snowing where you live? I don’t know about you but when it is snowing, I enjoy baking so much more. I guess it adds to my Christmas joy 🙂 Today it has been snowing off and on. Last year we got over 220 inches of snow…I am hoping to break the record with at least 300 inches this year!!
Okay, I get asked all the time what recipe I use when I make these. I have to be honest, it is not some super seceret recipe. It’s on the back of the Nestle chocolate morsels bag. So when I tell people that, they ask me what is it I do to make them taste so good. My answer…I don’t know. I am big on whipping everything really good and creaming things for longer than most people do. I have no idea if this does anything at all..but I know it’s what I do different from other people!
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.