It’s been a busy day!! I am not sure if anyone is aware, but I am a day ahead of everyone in the states normally. There is a few hours in my late evening that I am on the same day as family and friends back in the states. So I am usually baking cookies in my evening while it is your early morning/afternoon…well you folks in the states that is!
Today was just super busy and I did not have time earlier in my day to bake my cookies for today. I had a command Christmas Party to attend tonight. We got home at 10pm and well, I started baking!!! Yummy! The cookies I am sharing today are beyond simple. There is not much to them. Great for in a pinch or if you have other plans but still want to make something.
I next to never use cookie recipes that use a cake mix. I actually don’t even use cake mixes anymore but I do keep 1-2 different flavors on hand for in a pinch cookies. Easy. Done. So make these when you are short on time, everyone will love them and they taste like you spent a long time putting them together!
- 1 Package Lemon Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- ⅓ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- ¾ Cup Chopped Nuts or Flaked Coconut
- Preheat Oven to 375 Degrees.
- Grease Cookie Sheet.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, oil and lemon juice. Beat on low speed.
- When well blended stir in chopped nuts of coconut.
- Make dough into 1 inch balls. Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes, or till lightly browned.
- Cool 1-2 minutes on cookie sheet.
- Move to cool on wire racks.