Welcome To Day 21 Of Baking With Pumpkin!
Hard to believe that the month of October is starting to wind down! It’s another gray, chilly rainy day here in Japan. As always, a perfect day for baking.
I have not mentioned, I don’t think…but last week we finally got to pick new orders. We have about 8 months ;left here in Japan and then will be moving on! So, we will either be moving to Hawaii or San Diego. I am so excited and nervous.
Truth be told, I want Hawaii! So fingers crossed and we should know for sure very soon and I will let you all know!
I really thought I’d have more pumpkin cookies posted this month than any other treat but I have found so many different kinds of recipes and I’ve been thrilled with them all.
Are you a fan of cookies with a frosting? Normally I am not, but this cookie frosting which kind of tastes a little like caramel, is a perfect match for this cookie, which is so yummy and as the cookie name states, melts in your mouth!
- 2 Cups Butter, softened
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 15 Ounce Can Pumpkin Puree
- 4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Butter
- ½ Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2¾ Cups Powdered Sugar
- Ground cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat 2 cups butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Add eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla; beat until combined. Beat in pumpkin. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoons 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until tops are set. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool.
- In a small saucepan, heat ½ cup butter and brown sugar until melted and smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in powdered sugar until smooth. Spread frosting on cookies. If desired, sprinkle with additional cinnamon. Makes about 60 cookies.