December is moving along! We are already on day 4 of 25 Days Of Christmas Cookies! Have you done your Christmas shopping or shopping for whatever special holiday your family celebrates? Or have you put it off and will wing it any day now?? We are almost done I think. I am looking at at least one more smallish purchase. Then on December 15th we both go off and do stocking stuffer shopping. This includes candies and little gifts!
If you are not aware, today is Nation Cookie Day! So get baking!!! I really was not aware of it till I saw a post from one of my favorite baking spaces earlier today. Since I was baking cookies today & well, every day till the 25th…I figure I have National Cookie Day taken care of.
In honor of National Cookie Day, I will ask you a question! “What Is Your Favorite Cookie”? Mine, aside from Chocolate Chip, are Sugar Cookies!!! Yum 🙂 Happy Baking!
- 2 Cups Flour
- ⅔ Cup Baking Cocoa
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Butter or Margarine, softened
- ⅔ Cup Sugar
- ⅔ Cup Packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1⅔ Cups (10-oz. pkg.) Dark Chocolate & Mint Morsels
- PREHEAT oven to 325° F.
- COMBINE flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Drop by well-rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE for 11 to 13 minutes or until cookies are puffed and centers are set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- FOR MINI MINT CHOCOLATE DELIGHT COOKIES: Prepare dough as above. Drop by well-rounded measuring teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until cookies are puffed and centers are set. Makes about 7 dozen mini cookies.