Welcome To Day 29 Of Baking With Pumpkin!
Are you ready for Halloween? I pretty much am. I have bags of candy all ready to be poured into a bowl for all the trick-or-treaters! We will do a little “late” decorating of inside our home. I am looking forward to handing out candy.
Today was kind of busy and exhausting. Any day I have a meeting to attend, it tires me,lol. The weather was pretty nice and as it has been, perfect for baking.
These muffins, best for any part of the day are great as a breakfast muffin as well. I love the scent of gingerbread and brown sugar, just enough sweetness and moist! A perfect muffin.
Next time I think the only thing I’d do differently is make more of the streusel and put more on top of each muffin, good stuff!
Tomorrow is the last day of baking with pumpkin!! However, I will still be baking with pumpkin as I have a bake sale coming up next week and some items I made over this month have been a real hit and so I will make them just for the sale.
So do you have any plans for Halloween??
- ¼ Unbleached Flour
- ¼ Packed Brown Sugar (Light or Dark)
- ¼ Dry Oats
- 2 Tablespoons Cold Unsalted Butter
- 1½ Cups Granulated Sugar
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter
- 2½ Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- ½ Cup Milk
- ¼ Cup Dark Molasses
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1½ Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- For The Streusel:
- Combine flour, sugar and oats.
- Cut butter into the dry ingredients until it looks like lumpy oatmeal
- Set aside.
- For The Muffin:
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add remaining ingredients and combine until well mixed.
- Using a large ice cream scoop, scoop into prepared muffin pan.
- Top with streusel.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.