Welcome To Day 8 Of Baking With Pumpkin!
Today I was going to head to the 9’s Market out in town to purchase some yummy local Japanese fruits! I was hoping for apples specifically.
Sadly, the weather had other plans today. Apparently we have a typhoon coming through and so we have rain, lot’s of it and later on we are supposed to have high winds. So, I had to skip the market today.
Instead I have been working on some things that need to get figured out and of course I baked! I am kind of in a funk today and hoped that baking would turn the day around for me, no such luck though!
Yes, another cookie! Now, I am trying to bring you a mix of goodies and there are some great cookie recipes out there, like this one, that I’ve never tried before. So don’t worry, plenty of different kinds of recipes coming your way!
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 3 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 (11 ounce) Package Butterscotch Chips
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, pumpkin and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats and morsels. Batter will be wet. For thicker cookies, chill cookie dough in the fridge for about 30-60 minutes.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto parchment lined baking sheets. A cookie scoop works great here because the batter is on the wet side. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheets for 2 minutes before you remove to wire racks to cool completely or you can remove them immediately to cool on wire rack .