Welcome To Day 28 Of Baking With Pumpkin!
I have been wanting to make these Twinkies for a while now. I have made regular ones with pretty good success and figured how could one go wrong with a Pumpkin Twinkie?
The recipe called for a boxed yellow cake but I decided to use a spiced cake mix and I think it’s tasty. Next time I would use a different filling, but that is just a personal choice, it tastes good and all, especially with the pumpkin but I like a thicker filling.
I also melted white chocolate over the tops of some of them and sprinkled some cinnamon on top. Yummy. I will be revisiting this recipe again and I’m sure with some more tweaking. Are you a fan of Twinkies?
- 1 Box Spiced Cake Mix
- 1 Can Pumpkin Puree (15 oz)
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Cup Marshmallow Crème (Fluff)
- 8 oz Block of Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to350. Lightly spray a Twinkie Pan with nonstick spray.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat the cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, sugar, water and pumpkin pie spice on medium low speed for one minute. Increase speed to high and beat for another minute.
- Fill Twinkie molds about halfway with batter. Bake for about 15 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before removing Twinkies to finish cooling on racks. Once cakes are completely cool, fill.
- ~For The Filling:
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat marshmallow crème, cream cheese, and vanilla until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat on low until just mixed in. Scrape sides of bowl and increase speed to high. Beat for another minute. Fill a piping bag fitted with a round tip with filling. Or use the filler that comes with the Twinkie Pan. Push into bottom of Twinkies and fill in three spots.