It is the eve of Christmas Eve!!! Are you busy? Been busy? About to get really busy?? I’ve been busy. Accomplished a lot yesterday to get ready for today. Today we have a Christmas dinner party at a friends house. It was a very nice time. Lot’s of food and fellowship, something I needed today.
We came home and decided upon these yummy, little cookies! Daniel helped me make them. I am really enjoying him baking with me, it has added more fun to it for me. These cookies will be going to a single sailor/unaccompanied Christmas lunch taking place on Christmas day.
I am tired, really tired but happy. Tomorrow morning, early…very early…like 6am early brings more baking and getting everything ready and prepped for our Christmas dinner and our desserts. We will be watching Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music, having fun together! I hope you are all ready for the magical day that is almost here!!!
- 2 Cups Flour
- ¾ Cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1-1/4 cups (2-1/2 sticks) Butter or Margarine , softened
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1-2/3 Cups (10-oz. pkg.) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in peanut butter chips. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes. (Do not overbake; cookies will be soft. They will puff while baking and flatten while cooling.) Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4-1/2 dozen cookies.