Welcome To Day 19 Of “25 Days Of Christmas Sweet Treats”!
Last year I did “25 Days Of Christmas Cookies“. Please click the link to find all those wonderful recipes and please check back here every day for Christmas Sweet Treats all the way up until Christmas Day!
I did a lot of baking today! My husband goes on vacation tomorrow after work, so I needed to make sure he had a good bunch of sweet treats to take in with him.
It seems many people are trying these Rolo cookies. I have never made any kind of “stuffed” cookie, not sure why I had waited so long. They don’t take too long to make aside from needing to freeze the Rolo’s for at least 2 hours.
Last night before bed, I prepared the Rolo’s so there was no need to wait this morning when I started baking.
These cookies are incredibly delicious, especially right from the oven, all warm and gooey!
- 1 ½ Cups (3 Sticks) Unsalted Butter; softened
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 3¾ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups Milk Chocolate Chips
- 30 Rolos; Frozen no less than 2 hours
- Pre Heat oven to 350°F. In mixer bowl, beat butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs on medium speed until light and fluffy. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Measure dough using a medium cookie scoop. Roll into a ball and then flatten in the palm of your hands.
- Place a frozen Rolo in the middle of the flattened dough ball and form dough back into a ball around the Rolo.
- Place Rolo stuffed dough balls into the freezer for at least 20 minutes before baking.
- On cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, place dough balls 2 inches apart.
- Bake 11 to 15 minutes or until light brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.