Well, I hate the fact that I have fallen behind in my baking & posting! It is almost that time around here to hang up the apron for a few months, since it will be too darn hot to bake here in Japan….at least without AC. We don’t have that here on base.
So I am now feeling the crunch, the count down…and now I am wanting to bake like crazy of course. I mean, I’ve been wanting too anyways but I have been busy and doing other things and baking has taken a little bit of a back seat around here.
The last week or two I’ve had a hankering for Pumpkin Bread…I guess I am thinking ahead, about not being able to actually bake in the Fall, so I should get to it now, while I still can,lol.
I’ve been using the same recipe my mother has for Pumpkin Bread for years now but decided to try something a little different and found this recipe. It is wonderful and perfect for all year round!
What do you like to bake all year round, even if it is considered “seasonal”?
- 1¾ Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin
- ¾ Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Preheat Oven To 350 Degrees
- Grease 9x5-inch Loaf Pan
- Combine flour, pumpkin, brown sugar, butter, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt, baking powder. Beat on medium/high speed for 1-2 minutes making sure to scrape sides of the bowl.
- Pour into or spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake 45-55 Minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes, remove to wire rack to cool completely.