Welcome To Day 17 Of Baking With Pumpkin!
Today was the chili cook-off at my husbands Command. There ended up being 5 entries. A Senior Chief ended up winning. It really was a huge success and everyone was happy. My pumpkin cornbread was a huge hit which made me happy.
Tomorrow I go apple picking with my husbands Command, sadly my husband can not come with me. I am a little upset by it but it’s okay. I am not sure how many apples I will get, we shall see!
Do you enjoy pound cake? I am all for trying different things and I have never had a pumpkin pound cake before and so of course I have never tasted the Starbucks version, so with this recipe I can not compare them.
Clearly, I enjoy anything pumpkin and love this too. It is moist and so delicious and tastes great with or without a glaze on top. It’s also great with a cup of coffee! This would also make a great “foodie” gift for a friend or family! I really wish I could share all my goodies with my family but for now all of my friends and my husbands Command get to enjoy it all , and that makes me happy!
- 1½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1½ Cups Sugar
- ½ Cup Fat Free VanillaYogurt
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1 Cup Canned Pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease a loaf pan, set aside.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cloves, and nutmeg, into a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, yogurt, and egg whites. Whisk thoroughly until blended. Stir in the pumpkin. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture. Stir until completely incorporated.
- Pour into pan and bake for 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack. Makes 8 servings.
- Add a powdered sugar glaze or cream cheese frosting if desired.