Christmas is almost here!! It has been snowing all day and so far night today!! I am loving it and so are my puppy girls! It is so beautiful outside! I especially love walking in the snow at night while it is falling!
Tonight I am sharing my most favorite cookie in the world, Sugar Cookies! Who does not like sugar cookies? I am sure someone out there does not but I’ve never met that person. I’ve been using this same recipe for years, for like 15+ years now! I won’t try or use another. It is tried and true and always give me the same results!
I got an email this morning that put me in a Christmas tizzy right quick! You never want to get an email stating a Christmas present was returned and you were refunded, especially if you were not expecting it or was the one whom returned it. Not a happy girl at all about this.
I ordered my husband a gift a while ago, from Amazon. I just want to state that this is in no way Amazon’s fault, so I place no blame on them. It is the fault of the Post Office here on base. They have a policy in which the Post Office has 100% failed in my opinion. In them not doing what they state, they went and never even gave me or us notice the box was here, at all. We never got any yellow slips in our box telling us it had arrived and well, that’s how they notify us of packages. Nothing ever came. They sent the package back to Amazon. I am one very unhappy girl. It was a Christmas present for my love after all.
I am looking forward to enjoy these next few days before Christmas! There is much to be done, especially since we are going to a Christmas Party at a friends on Sunday but it will all be fun..I hope! Merry Christmas!!!!
- ⅓ Cup Butter or Margarine, softened
- ⅓ Cup Shortening
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- Green & Red Sugar For Decoration or anything you desire for decorating!
- Beat butter & shortening on medium-high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, baking powder and a dash of salt. Beat till combined, scraping bowl. Beat in egg & vanilla. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with hand mixer, stir in rest of flour by hand.
- If you have a stand mixer you can add all the flour without needing to stir any in by hand.
- Divide dough in half. Cover & chill dough for 3 hours till overnight, or till easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll half the dough at a time to ⅛ inch thickness. Use cookie cutters or biscuit cutter to cut into desired shapes.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 7-8 minutes or till edges are firm and bottoms are lightly browned. Cool on rack. Decorate however you desire.