Welcome To Day 4 Of “25 Days Of Christmas Sweet Treats”!
Last year I did “25 Days Of Christmas Cookies“. Please click the link to find all those wonderful recipes and please check back here every day for Christmas Sweet Treats all the way up until Christmas Day!
I was thrilled to find out last night that the live Christmas Trees will be here and ready to be purchased on Saturday morning! So excited.
Saturday is a busy day around here. It’s also the day/evening of our Command Holiday Party. Let me just say I can not wait for it to be over, it’s been so stressful and brain consuming. I just want to focus more of my time on enjoying the Christmas Season and baking of course!
Bars are fun to make, they normally come together fairly quickly and you can pretty much add whatever your tastes are to them. These bars are not only delicious but pleasing to the eye, the red cranberries and the white chocolate really pop together and scream Christmastime!!
Can you believe there are only 20 days left till Christmas?!? Are you ready? We have a bunch of boxes streaming in almost daily with Christmas presents and by Sunday our Christmas tree will be all decorated and then the house will feel complete!
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Freshly Grated Nutmeg or 1 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Cups Packed Dark Brown Sugar
- ⅔ Cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- ¾ Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1½ Cups Fresh, Frozen or Dried Cranberries, thawed if frozen
- ¾ Cup Coarsely Chopped White Chocolate (3 ounces) Or ¾ Cup Baker's Premium White Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over pan edges. Lightly coat foil with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a small bowl, combine flour, nutmeg, baking powder, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until melted and smooth. Cool slightly. Stir in eggs, one at a time, into slightly cooled mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Add flour mixture; stir just until combined. Stir in dried cranberries. Spread batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle batter with fresh cranberries. Bake in the preheated oven about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove pan from oven. Sprinkle top of bars with white chocolate.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack. Using the foil, lift the uncut bars out of the pan. Cut into bars. Makes 24 bars.