It’s now mid October, Fall is in full swing for many people and I am over here in Hawaii getting ready for maybe….just maybe a hurricane. If we are lucky it will fall apart and just be some rain. Oddly, Hawaii does not have a hurricane in 22 years…I move here and this is #2 that has formed since we moved here in mid July. I tell you, epic weather follows me wherever I move,lol!!
If anyone is wondering the Island is practically sold out of bottled water…this happened last time too, then there was illegal price gouging and it was a circus. We ended up having to pay stupid high prices for some bottled water. Life goes on!
Right now it is beautiful and sunny…Fall must have arrived here too as the temps have calmed down a few degrees, so while it is still hot it feels cooler, got to love those trade winds.
Are you doing any special Halloween baking this year? I am on the fence about this currently for this year, for personal reasons. We shall see what happens, maybe I will concoct a little spooky something!
Tis the season for pumpkin and these delicious muffins will not disappoint. They have pumpkin and chocolate! Cinnamon & ginger help bring the smells and tastes of the season together to round out this most perfect treat. Yummy!
- 1 cup Pumpkin (pureed) canned is fine or pumpkin pie filling
- ¼ Cup Canola or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1¼ Cup Flour
- 1½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix thoroughly: pumpkin, sugars, oil, honey, egg & extract.
- In another bowl, mix: flour, baking powder, salt and spices.
- Add the flour mixture to the bowl with the pumpkin one and mix well.
- Add the white chocolate chips and stir until evenly distributed
- Scoop batter into muffin tin, lined with paper baking cups.
- Bake for approx. 24-27 minutes, until toothpick pulls clean from center.