25 Days Of Christmas Cookies. Day 16: Brown Sugar Cookies
|December 16, 2012||Posted by imathomebaking under Cookies|
6 packages arrived in the mail for us today! Well, I don’t know exactly when they arrived but were at least sorted and Yellow Slips were put in our box. It is always a happy day to find yellow slips in it! Several packages were mine, one Daniel’s and one was filled with Christmas baking good from a friend in the states!
It is supposed to snow tonight, not holding my breath. It was too warm yesterday…cold enough today and hoping it falls all night! At least it was not raining.
Are you ready for Christmas or one of the other holidays??? I am SO ready…well, if the rest of my packages get here I will really be ready. Everything else has been in place since the end of November. Soon we will be having a gift wrapping night and presents will go under and around the tree!!!
I have really been enjoying baking all these Christmas cookies! There are several, including today’s cookie that I’ve not ever tasted or baked before. Have you had Brown Sugar cookies before?
|Brown Sugar Cookies||
- ½ Cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- ½ Cup Butter, softened
- 1¼ Cups Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together shortening, butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla in medium bowl until light and fluffy. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls or use small cookie scoop. Place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to cooling rack after 2 minutes.