How time flies when you are not feeling well! Hubby and I have been sick off and on. I’ve done some baking but have been to tired to post. I know, terrible of me. I am hoping we are all better. I guess sometimes I can get a little lazy taking pictures and posting right away, well at least in the last week,lol. That is not normal for me unless I or my husband is under the weather.
We’ve had some strange weather here in Japan the last week. We actually got some rain! I hate having feet of snow and then a day where it rains and turns those feet of snow into heavy, wet, dirty, nasty snow. Some melted but we have so much I highly doubt we’d loose it all. Then yesterday the wind was biting and then it snowed. Woke up to it snowing some more this morning.
I am still waiting on my ski pants to arrive so we can go sledding or skiing comfortably. Sometimes things arrive in one week, other times it is months. I was hoping this was not the case for my much needed ski pants. I think my dogs need snow suits too. I am not joking. They have very warm winter coats but heck, the snow has gotten so high, last week it was over both of their heads!!
I have a post coming up soon about some recent baking purchases! I love finding new pans and other such fun things. I don’t find them here on base but Amazon is my best friend! Do you have any recent great finds in the baking world such as pans or techniques? Please share!!
- ½ cup Warm Water
- ½ cup Warm Milk
- 1 Egg
- ⅓ cup Butter, softened
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3¾ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 package Active Dry Yeast
- ¼ cup Butter, softened
- Place ingredients in your bread machine pan as directed: Liquids, Dry, Yeast!
- Select your Dough cycle.
- When it finishes, turn dough out on a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 12-inch circle.
- Spread the ¼ cup butter over each round. Cut each circle into 8 wedges.
- Roll wedges starting at the widest end; roll gently but make as tight as possible.
- Place the point side down on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Cover with a clean kitchen towel and put in a warm place, let rise about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.