25 Days Of Christmas Cookies. Day 12: Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies
|December 12, 2012||Posted by imathomebaking under Cookies|
It is 12/12/12 today! Does this mean anything to you? Or, do you even care???lol. It is another day here, another day for baking & for spreading Christmas cheer!!!!
Do you have a particular day of the week you go grocery shopping? Do you shop weekly or daily? In the past it was a combination of sorts. These days it is a weekly shopping. Daniel used to come with me, after he got out of work, till he started working later. So, now every Wednesday is my food shopping day. I am sure you were not interested in that at all either,lol!
The snow is lacking here, seriously. I am being teased daily with flurries here and there and it is just not enough! I want feet, lot’s of feet of snow. It seems our snow is taking it’s sweet time getting here, it’s coming though, I am sure of it. I am just not being patient. It really is chilly and cold through the days and nights though.
Have you been baking or attending holiday or Christmas parties? We have one other Christmas party we are going to on the 23rd. Someone Daniel’s works with is having a nice dinner. I am baking of course, I can’t go somewhere empty handed, especially for a dinner party!
Okay, so I have another oatmeal-ish cookie for you today! I actually never made these ones before but they are absolutely delicious and are a worthy cookie too! I next to never make use of white chocolate either but it is so fitting in this cookie, but I am pretty sure you could use any kind of chocolate and have them come out amazing.
|Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies||
- ⅔ Cup Butter or Margarine, softened
- ⅔ Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1½ Cups Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1½ Cups Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 5-ounce Package Ocean Spray Craisins Original Dried Cranberries
- ⅔ Cup White Chocolate Chunks or Chips
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter or margarine and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mixing well. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition. Stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate chunks.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
- Makes approximately 2½ dozen cookies.