Life has been crazy! I thought I posted this recipe a while ago…Let me catch you up quickly if you’re interest!
I’m moving to Italy…YES…I will be there just in time for Christmas/Holiday baking. I apologize for lack of new recipes and as always I want to bring more to you…Stay tuned!
One of my favorite things, which I’ve spoken about before, is coffee cake! I have another recipe here posted that I make and it is amazing. What brings me joy about this recipe is the added cinnamon roll yummyness.
I came across several recipes that are “overnight” and decided I would try that with this recipe even though there were no instructions to do so. My husband works a crazy schedule currently and so being able to make something the night before then take it right from the fridge and bake it…it makes me happy.
This recipe is very simple but has lots of flavor. I absolutely love the topping but you could definitely make it into a crumble by adding flour or oats. The topping as I made it, is ooey-gooey delicious and it really smells like cinnamon rolls are baking.
- ½ Cup Butter, Melted
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 Cups Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 1½ Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Butter, Melted
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 5 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all the cake ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.
- For the topping, mix all the ingredients together in bowl until well combined.
- Spread evenly on the batter and swirl with a knife. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- For the glaze, mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until it is a consistency like syrup.
- While warm drizzle the glaze over the cake and it will set into a harder glaze.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.