I hope your March has not been as crappy as mine! I had plans for this month, baking plans…all kinds of plans but life apparently had other thoughts and this month was just blah.
I was pretty much sick the entire month, it was horrible and energy draining. It is what it is. Good news is I am better now and will be baking till all my household goods are taken, which will be at some point early May time frame.
I am looking forward to moving and have been doing some purging of stuff. I am looking forward to Hawaii! Before I got really sick I made these muffins and they are quite amazing. They are very soft and delicious. I know the recipe states to use fresh blueberries but I used frozen. So use what you have, it will work.
- 1½ Cups All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ Cup White Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- ⅓ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg
- ⅓ Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Fresh Blueberries (or Frozen)
- ½ Cup White Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Lemon Extract
- ⅓ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ Cup Unsalted Butter, cubed
- 1½ Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1½ cups flour, ¾ cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg, lemon extract and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together ½ cup sugar, ⅓ cup flour, ¼ cup butter, and 1½ teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.